the DTFE statistical bulletin in 4 key points
Here are four key points from the Statistical Bulletin of the Public External Debt at the end of 2021, published by the Treasury and External Finance Department (DTFE) under the Ministry of Economy and Finance:
1. The public external debt ratio fell by 2.5 points to 32% of GDP.
2. The outstanding public external debt stood at 378.6 billion dirhams (MMDH), including 203.8 billion dirhams for the Treasury and 174.8 billion dirhams for other public borrowers.
3. Drawings on public external borrowings concerned an overall volume of 41.2 billion dirhams:
• 18.4 billion dirhams were mobilized by the Treasury, including 11.4 billion dirhams for reform support, 4.8 billion dirhams for measures to mitigate the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic and 2.2 billion dirhams for budget projects.
• 22.8 billion dirhams for the benefit of projects of Public Establishments and Enterprises (EEP), Public Financial Institutions (IFP), Territorial Communities (CT) and Public Utility Institutions (IUP).
4. Public external debt service amounted to 41.5 billion dirhams (14.9 billion dirhams were paid by the Treasury and 26.6 billion dirhams by other public borrowers).