Elad terror victim’s family said to refuse condolence call from Minister Michaeli
The family of one of the Israelis killed in last week’s terror attack in Elad has told Transportation Minister Merav Michaeli that she is not welcome to pay a condolence call, according to a report Sunday.
Michaeli’s office told Channel 12 news that representatives for Michaeli’s office had arrived at the Gol family’s home to make the necessary preparations ahead of her intended visit, but were asked to leave.
“Minister Michaeli shares in the family’s immense grief and gives strength to all the families of the murdered,” a statement read.
The statement also said that the minister was told Boaz Gol’s family didn’t want any politicians coming by.
However, the past several days have seen several visits to the Gols’ home by right-wing lawmakers, including Yamina MK Abir Kara and Likud MK Yoav Gallant.
Gol was one of three men who were killed during a knife and axe attack last Thursday evening, at the tail end of Independence Day, in the predominantly Haredi city of Elad, along with Yonatan Havakuk and Oren Ben Yiftah.
The two Palestinian suspects were captured on Sunday, some 60 hours after the attack.
The Elad attack is part of a wave of terror attacks in Israel and the West Bank in recent weeks, and came amid repeated threats by Palestinian terror groups over perceived violations in the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
It brought to 19 the number of people killed in terror attacks in Israel and the West Bank since March 22.