Drugs, loaded handgun seized during traffic stops in Peterborough County: OPP
A search of the vehicle led to the seizure of 65 grams of cocaine, a loaded handgun, cannabis, cellphones, scales and Canadian and American cash.
Dondre Hibbert, 25, of Pickering, Ont., was arrested and faces the following 12 charges:
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was firearm
- possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- breach of firearms regulation
- possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking — cocaine.
- possession property obtained by crime under $5,000
- driving a vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
- class G1 licence holder-unaccompanied by qualified driver
- obstructing a peace officer
He was held in custody and is scheduled to appear in court in Peterborough on Thursday.
Around 10:30 p.m., officers responded to a traffic complaint about a suspected impaired driver on Television Road in Otonabee-South Monaghan Township east of the city.
Officers located the suspect vehicle in a gas station parking lot and determined the driver was under the influence of drugs. A search led to the seizure of cocaine, methamphetamine and fentanyl.
Zachary Joyce-Vautour, 28, of Selwyn Township, was arrested and charged with drug-impaired driving and three counts of possessing a Schedule 1 substance for trafficking (cocaine, methamphetamine, opioid).
He had his driver’s licence suspended for 90 days and the vehicle was impounded for seven days.
He was released and is scheduled to appear in court in Peterborough on May 19, 2022.
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.